Error installing WINE via macports 1.9.1

chrissam bedpotato at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 07:39:14 PDT 2010

Hi Adam,

>From the log, the error is with openssl. I thought that macports was taking
care of the dependencies? Do install it myself?

Here's the log when it was searching for openssl at the beginning:

:debug:main Searching for dependency: openssl
:debug:main Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: openssl
:debug:main Changing to port directory:
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/devel/openssl
:debug:main OS darwin/9.8.0 (Mac OS X 10.5) arch i386
:debug:main org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
:debug:main org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a
pre-existing procedure. Target override will not be provided

And here's the log of the error at the end.

:info:configure configure: error: OpenSSL 32-bit development files not
found, SSL won't be supported.
:info:configure This is an error since --with-openssl was requested.

Thanks!

Chris