Error installing WINE via macports 1.9.1

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jul 28 09:24:28 PDT 2010

On Jul 28, 2010, at 11:11, Harry van der Wolf wrote:

> 2010/7/28 chrissam <bedpotato at gmail.com>
>
>> I tried this "sudo port install rdepof:wine-devel not installed" but I got
>> an error while building libsdl_image. The log has a lot of compile errors (
>> http://old.nabble.com/file/p29287750/main.log main.log ) and I don't know if
>> I'm missing another dependency or something. :(
>
> I think the problem is that wine is being compiled universallly: libtool uses -arch i386 -arch ppc (among others).
> and wine can't be compiled universally, at least I have not been able to compile it universally for a very long time.

Yes, wine can only compile for i386. It cannot compile for x86_64, ppc, or ppc64, and the wine ports ensure this.

I agree, Harry, I see "-arch i386 -arch ppc" in the log too. Chrissam, are you requesting libsdl_image be installed universal, as the log seems to suggest? If you're not, then we need to investigate why it's building universal though you didn't ask for it, and we need to investigate why the universal build fails.

Building wine's dependencies universal is not necessary on Leopard, though it shouldn't matter either, assuming the dependencies can build universal. I know the dependencies can build universal i386 x86_64 on Snow Leopard because I've been doing that for awhile. But I have not tested that on Leopard on Tiger.