Still have MySQL problems that need to get solved soon (was: Re: Apache and MySQL won't start)

Ali A Samii samii at me.com
Wed Jul 28 18:46:01 PDT 2010

Well, I have restarted the whole thing and I have gotten as far as getting mysql to install and be able to automatically generate the initial database.

However, I still cannot change the password.

I get the following Error:

alis-imac:bin ali$ /opt/local/lib/mysql5/bin/mysqladmin -u root password 'golijoon'
/opt/local/lib/mysql5/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/opt/local/var/run/mysql5/mysqld.sock' (2)'
Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/opt/local/var/run/mysql5/mysqld.sock' exists!

I really need to get this issue solved as soon as possible, so I hope that I can get it done in theft hour or two.