How to keep .c files from devel install for debugging?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jul 29 10:34:32 PDT 2010

On Jul 29, 2010, at 10:47, William Knight wrote:

> I've successfully installed glib2-devel with macports. When I do 'port
> contents glib2-devel', it only shows the header files though. I want
> to be able to step through the glib2 source code in a debugger so how
> do I retain the .c files that were used in building the port?

MacPorts does not install the source files anywhere; they are unpacked in the directory identified by the command "port work portname" before installation and deleted after successful installation. If you want to keep them after a successful installation, edit macports.conf and change the line

#portautoclean		yes

portautoclean		no