[MacPorts] #19122: OpenSSL 1.0.0-beta1 breaks packages that expect libcrypto.0.9.8

watson watsonix at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 20:51:51 PDT 2010

I am rather ignorant of these things. (like I said, I only installed
macports recently) But this is what happens when I run git:

packages% git
dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
  Referenced from: /opt/local/bin/git
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

Is the solution to blow away my current git and then re-install it?
Will MP take care of noticing that i now have OpenSSL v1 instead of
what it was before and deal with it automatically?