How do I get rid of all the old cruff?

Philip Neukom neukomp at profitanalytics.com
Fri Jul 30 22:34:26 PDT 2010

I did the update to Macports 1.9.1 today.  And had all applications
updated.  Afterwards I did a "port clean --all all" and a
"port_cutleaves" to get rid of all the inactive ports.

But when I do the "port installed", I have a list with many many
programs like in the list below....

---cut start---
  aspell @0.60.6_3+macosx (active)
  aspell-dict-en @6.0_0 (active)
  atk @1.28.0_0
  atk @1.30.0_0 (active)
  ghostscript @8.70_0
  ghostscript @8.70_1
  ghostscript @8.71_1
  ghostscript @8.71_2
  ghostscript @8.71_3
  ghostscript @8.71_4 (active)
---cut end---

How do I get rid of all of the programs that are not active but also not
inactive (ie. atk @1.28.0_0, ghostscript @8.70_0, ghostscript @8.70_1,
ghostscript @8.70_2, ghostscript @8.70_3 etc. etc.?

I've read through the guide and done a Google but haven't found the
answer.  How do I get rid of all these old programs?

Please don't say I have to uninstall each individually??

Thank you in advance.

PS I'm on digest mode so it may take a while for me to provide updates.