Upgrade ffmpeg 0.6_0 problem

tome at QX.Net tome at QX.Net
Sat Jul 31 17:44:27 PDT 2010

Now I have a new error.  I have attached three files.  One is the terminal output from the time I started after receiving this post.  One is the main.log
indicated by the terminal output.  The main.log suggested that I look at config.err, which I have included also.  This error occurred while attempting to
install a new ffmpeg dependency, libvpx.  While looking at the main.log I have already noticed one thing that is going to give me trouble, that is a
comment about activating altivec.  My ppc is pre-altivec ( which I learned the first time I installed ffmpeg ) and needs altivec to be disabled.

Do you want me to file a ticket on this error or the first one?  I still have information on the first error, but with the changes, I don't know how valid it
is.  Thank you for your help.  Are not computers fun!?

The command "-lavutil" means "please link with the library libavutil.dylib", so that seems correct enough.

I cannot reproduce this problem today on Tiger or Snow Leopard. My log says I did have this problem yesterday on Snow Leopard, but now I don't, and
of course I didn't save the log from when it failed. :/ If you could file a ticket with the complete log showing the failure that should be helpful in
figuring out what's happening differently for you. Be sure to "sudo port selfupdate" first because an unrelated fix was just committed to ffmpeg.