atlas depends on gcc43 *and* gcc44 ???

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jun 2 16:37:20 PDT 2010

On Jun 2, 2010, at 18:05, Adam Mercer wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 17:40, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> AFAIK there *was* a consensus to use gcc43 by default for science ports. I had not heard any update on that decision, and pointed this discrepancy out to Marcus who updated atlas and qrupdate to use gcc44 instead. See the mailing list link I sent you in a previous reply in this thread.
>
> That was a while ago so maybe it's time we revisit this? With my
> py25-numpy and py2{5,6}-scipy maintainers hat on I'd vote for a switch
> to gcc44 as the default compiler for scientific ports.

Great! Now we're getting somewhere. :)

Before we go updating everything to gcc44, let's make sure gcc44 works everywhere we need it to.

Do we have any thoughts on the ticket where gcc44 can't be built on Tiger Intel? Anybody else see that problem or is it only on my machine? Do we care about Tiger anymore?

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/20753

What about this ticket where gcc44 can't be built on (some?) Leopard machines? Anybody else see this problem?

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/20635