unable to install Alpine on Mac OS X

dushanm at spinn.net dushanm at spinn.net
Wed Jun 9 16:42:49 PDT 2010

Ryan Schmidt writes:

> On Jun 7, 2010, at 12:01, dushanm at spinn.net wrote:
>
>> => port installed | tee ~/Desktop/portsinstalled.txt
>> The following ports are currently installed:
>> cyrus-sasl2 @2.1.23_1+kerberos (active)
>> db46 @4.6.21_6 (active)
>> expat @2.0.1_0 (active)
>> gettext @0.18_0 (active)
>> gperf @3.0.4_0 (active)
>> icu @4.3.4_0 (active)
>> libiconv @1.13.1_0 (active)
>> ncurses @5.7_0+darwin_10 (active)
>> ncursesw @5.7_0+darwin_10 (active)
>> openldap @2.4.21_0 (active)
>> openssl @0.9.8o_0+darwin (active)
>> perl5 @5.8.9_0 (active)
>> perl5.8 @5.8.9_3 (active)
>> zlib @1.2.5_0 (active)
>>
>> That's it.  Anything in there that raises eyebrows?
>
> Indeed that's a short list; I'm sure I have all of those installed too.
> So instead it's probably some port I have installed (I have well over a
> thousand ports installed) that's needed that alpine doesn't declare a
> dependency on. One such port is probably gss, but in the ticket, two
> people have tried installing gss and it didn't help. So it may be
> something else that I haven't found yet. If you could attach your debug
> output to the ticket too maybe that will help narrow it down.

Ryan, I'm attaching two files: one (portinstAlpine.trm) that's the debug
terminal output when I tried the install the first time, using MacPorts
1.8.2, and the other (main.log) the log-file generated when I tried it
just recently after doing a selfupdate to MacPorts 1.9.0.  I didn't know
which would be more helpful, so am including them both.

 - Dushan