inconsistent dependency information

Scott Webster sewebster at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 15:03:00 PDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 5:09 PM, Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org> wrote:
> Probably the dependencies were changed without bumping the revision, and
> you installed before the changes.

Thanks, this was it.  Reinstalling the dependent ports updated things.
 So, to satisfy my curiosity in terms of trying to understand the
code, does this registry update take place in
portinstall::install_main in src/port1.0/portinstall.tcl?  I guess the
"1.0" terminology for the macports1.0 and port1.0 directories means
"anything between 1.0 and 2.0"?  Or maybe these versions are just
independent of the "macports version," currently at 1.9.0 (similar to
how we now have registry2.0).

Sorry this is probably getting off-topic for this list.

Scott