Problem with macports install, any help greatly appreciated

Scott Webster sewebster at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 21:11:28 PDT 2010

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 8:23 PM, Scott Webster <sewebster at gmail.com> wrote:
> In gimp, try:
>
> Edit -> Preferences
>
> then click on the "Help System" pane, then switch the "User manual"
> drop-down to "Use a locally installed copy".

But we'd probably be better off using the online version (which might
be out of date) instead of the local version (which is definitely out
of date).  It looks to me like this is a bug, but I'm not sure if it's
with macports or upstream.  Switching to
http://docs.gimp.org/2.6/en/index.html (instead of
http://docs.gimp.org/2.6/en/gimp-help.xml) works in a web browser.
The string gimp-help.xml only occurs a few times in the source, but
I'm not sure I want to rebuild gimp to see if I can fix it.

I'll probably file a ticket somewhere...

Scott