py26-wxpython trouble (even without pgAdmin3)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jun 15 13:26:54 PDT 2010

On Jun 15, 2010, at 15:23, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Jun 15, 2010, at 15:21, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> The variant defaults to gtk (vs carbon) but I don't grasp their relation to X11.
>>

>> 	wxGTK port
>
> This is what the gtk variant uses.
>
>> 	wxMac port
>
> This is what the carbon variant uses.

gtk2, in turn, by default uses X11. gtk2 has no_x11 and quartz variants which can be used (together? separately? I don't know) to have gtk2 use Quartz methods instead of X11. But I don't know if py26-wxpython can use a gtk2 that isn't using X11, or if it can, whether that's better than using its carbon variant. If you want to try the no_x11 and/or quartz variants, you probably have to first uninstall all ports; using those variants is a decision you need to make at the beginning, before anything is installed.