"Port list leaves" does not work

Michael_google gmail_Gersten keybounce at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 23:25:06 PDT 2010

>>> Maybe you need to convert your registry to sqlite format as described here:
>>>
>>> http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-announce/2010-June/000008.html
>>
>> I didn't realize that was needed for the leaves.
>
> It isn't. (But you really ought to anyway, it's way faster.) By "the new
> port" do you mean 1.9.1?
>
> - Josh

I mean the one I got when I did selfupdate. (Today? Yesterday?)

Kleiman-ibook:denyhosts michael$ port --version
Error: global does not accept --version
Usage: port
        [-bcdfknopqRstuvy] [-D portdir] [-F cmdfile] action [privopts]
[actionflags]
        [[portname|pseudo-portname|port-url] [@version] [+-variant]...
[option=value]...]...

Err, try something else

Kleiman-ibook:denyhosts michael$ port info port
Error: Port port not found

Err ...

Kleiman-ibook:denyhosts michael$ sudo port selfupdate
Password:
--->  Updating the ports tree
--->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
MacPorts base version 1.9.0 installed,
MacPorts base version 1.9.1 downloaded.
--->  MacPorts base is outdated, installing new version 1.9.1

Ahh, that's the version check. :-)

--
Political and economic blog of a strict constitutionalist
http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.com