tk problem was Re: py26-wxpython trouble

Jim Busser jbusser at interchange.ubc.ca
Fri Jun 18 10:05:20 PDT 2010

> On 2010-06-17, at 9:19 PM, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> 	http://trac.macports.org/ticket/24312
>
> Unfortunately, despite that this went fine:
> 	sudo port install cairo +no_x11 +quartzgtk2 +no_x11 +quartz
> this still hit an error:
> 	sudo port -d install gtk2 +no_x11 +quartz

Tried to search tickets on "tk" but the search field requires at least 3 characters and searching "tk mww" yielded 589 reports so I am not sure if there is a better way... I odo not mind to look around for possible answers even though I am not sure what to look out for. Even without coding skills I have sometimes spotted that a dependency, when installed as a dependency, may not by default install with the proper variant(s) and so may need to be installed first. However that did not solve the problem that starting "from scratch" (uninstall / clean all)

	sudo port -d install tk +quartz

produced the same...

make: *** [tkMacOSXButton.o] Error 1
shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_x11_tk/work/tk8.5.8/unix" && /usr/bin/make -j2 all " returned error 2
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command failed
DEBUG: Backtrace: shell command failed
    while executing
"command_exec build"
    (procedure "portbuild::build_main" line 8)
    invoked from within
"$procedure $targetname"