unable to install Alpine on Max OS X

dushanm at spinn.net dushanm at spinn.net
Fri Jun 18 12:19:12 PDT 2010

It seems my 10-day old question on installing Alpine has gotten lost in the
flurry of problems with the new release of MacPorts.  I'd been waiting for
the flood to ebb, but it doesn't seem to be in any hurry to do so.  So I'll
try ringing the bell again...

Last time (9 June) I'd attached both the debug file when trying to install
Alpine under MacPorts 1.8.2 and the install file when trying to do it under
the new 1.9.0.  Both install attempts failed.  The post, with attachments,
went to both macports-users and to Ryan Schmidt, who'd suggested sending the
files, but there has been no response.  Does no-one know the answer, or did
the question get lost?

Thanks.

 - Dushan