Almost there was Re: wxWidgets was Re: tk problem was Re: py26-wxpython trouble

Jim Busser jbusser at interchange.ubc.ca
Sat Jun 19 21:09:15 PDT 2010

# From the tip at http://trac.macports.org/ticket/24312
sudo port -d install cairo +no_x11 +quartz gtk2 +no_x11 +quartz

# nothing special needed for:
sudo port -d install py26-psycopg2 +postgresql84

# by altering my wxWidgets-python Portfile as per the uncommitted diff
# 	see https://svn.macports.org/attachment/ticket/24350/wxWidgets-python_Portfile.diff
sudo port -d install wxWidgets-python +carbon

# however (my Snow Leopard 10.6.4 MacBook processor is 32 bit)
# is there some way I can satisfy py26-wxpython +carbon which complains ...

sudo port -d install py26-wxpython +carbon

DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/archivers/bzip2
DEBUG: OS darwin/10.4.0 (Mac OS X 10.6) arch i386
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.unload registered provides 'unload', a pre-existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a pre-existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: Reading variant descriptions from /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/_resources/port1.0/variant_descriptions.conf
DEBUG: universal variant already exists, so not adding the default one
DEBUG: No need to upgrade! bzip2 1.0.5_3 >= bzip2 1.0.5_3
Error: Cannot install py26-wxpython for the arch(s) 'x86_64' because
Error: its dependency wxWidgets-python is only installed for the arch 'i386'
Error: and does not have a universal variant.
DEBUG: architecture mismatch
    while executing
"macports::_upgrade_mport_deps $mport $target"
    (procedure "mportexec" line 26)
    invoked from within
"mportexec $workername $target"
Error: Unable to execute port: architecture mismatch
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>
MacBook:wiki_backups djb$