Can't seem to install wine-devel

Scott Webster sewebster at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 12:56:38 PDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Ruben Vincenten
<rubenvincenten at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Right, so they aren't universal.  Here's my output:
>>
>> [~@swmb]$ port installed tiff jpeg
>> The following ports are currently installed:
>>  jpeg @8a_0+universal (active)
>>  tiff @3.9.2_3+macosx+universal (active)
>
> That explains some. Doing a sudo port install tiff +universal gives me the following log:
>
> [...]
> --->  Extracting tiff
> --->  Applying patches to tiff
> --->  Configuring tiff
> Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure: shell command failed
> Log for tiff is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_tiff/main.log
>
> Logfile:
> [...]
> :info:configure checking for jpeg_read_scanlines in -ljpeg... no
> :info:configure configure: error: IJG JPEG library not found at /opt/local/lib
> :info:configure shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_tiff/work/tiff-3.9.2-i386" && ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-jbig --mandir=/opt/local/share/man --with-docdir=/opt/local/share/doc/tiff-3.9.2 --with-jpeg-include-dir=/opt/local/include --with-jpeg-lib-dir=/opt/local/lib --with-zlib-include-dir=/opt/local/include --with-zlib-lib-dir=/opt/local/lib --with-apple-opengl-framework --disable-dependency-tracking  " returned error 1
> :error:configure Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure: shell command failed
> :debug:configure Backtrace: configure failure: shell command failed
>    while executing
> "$procedure $targetname"
> :info:configure Warning: the following items did not execute (for tiff): org.macports.activate org.macports.configure org.macports.build org.macports.destroot org.macports.install
> :notice:configure Log for tiff is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_tiff/main.log
>
> Which brings me back to the question I had when I started this thread.

I'm getting out on a limb here, but I'm guessing that it's still
essentially the same problem.  You are trying to install tiff
universal, but it's dependencies (in this case jpeg and zlib) are not
available universal, so you need to build them +universal first :)

I think you may be able to make some use of the --enforce-variants, -R
and -f flags and possibly might need to use "upgrade" instead of
install.  Maybe take a look at the man page on these options and give
some stuff a try... but I'm not sure on the fastest way of switching
everything to universal.

Scott