A word on Trac ticket submissions...

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Tue Jun 22 14:21:01 PDT 2010

On 2010-6-22 23:08 , Jeff Singleton wrote:
> Ya know...
>
> If the same effort was put into fixing bugs as was put into ensuring
> tickets entered are correct, I think we would have a lot less bugs.

If one or more people wanted to volunteer to wrangle the incoming
tickets, thus freeing up time for those whose skills are more suited to
fixing the bugs, that would be great.

> How about configuring Trac with Drop Down selections for maintainers, or
> Error checks that automatically prompt us, or even prevent the ticket
> from being submitted until it is correct.  This takes more onus off the
> maintainers/Trac Admin and puts in where it belongs...in the user/bug
> reporter's hands.

If someone wanted to write a Trac plugin to autofill the fields where
that's possible and do validity checks on the rest, that'd be great too.

- Josh