A word on Trac ticket submissions...
ben at cogs.com
Tue Jun 22 15:04:57 PDT 2010
On Jun 22, 2010, at 5:46 PM, Joshua Root wrote:
> On 2010-6-23 07:41 , Michael_google gmail_Gersten wrote:
>> So here's a question: If there is a maintainer field in the ports
>> database for each port, then why can't the bug tracker grab that field
>> on it's own?
If users are willing to navigate to a webpage that lists all ports and click on the affected port url that use trac variables to populate the cc: field (and any other field listed below).
relevent trac docs
Here is the trac method for creating a url with variables.
Preset Values for New Tickets
To create a link to the new-ticket form filled with preset values, you need to call the /newticket? URL with variable=value separated by &.
Possible variables are :
• type — The type droplist
• reporter — Name or email of the reporter
• summary — Summary line for the ticket
• description — Long description of the ticket
• component — The component droplist
• version — The version droplist
• severity — The severity droplist
• keywords — The keywords
• priority — The priority droplist
• milestone — The milestone droplist
• owner — The person responsible for the ticket
• cc — The list of emails for notifying about the ticket change
There could be spam issue so we may want obfuscate the email but I think it would work until we got a plugin.
I'm willing to work on it but I would like some feedback.
> It can, if someone writes the aforementioned plugin. But of course
> people don't often fill in the Port field either...
> - Josh
> macports-users mailing list
> macports-users at lists.macosforge.org
More information about the macports-users