Running apps

Kevin Reid kpreid at switchb.org
Tue Jun 29 13:52:26 PDT 2010

On Jun 29, 2010, at 12:51, Scott Webster wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 12:44 PM, michael roy <mroy16 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> new-host:~ mroy$
>> /opt/local/var/macports/software/barrage/1.0.2_0/opt/local/bin/
>> barrage ;
>> exit;
> You shouldn't have to run the file from that direct path.  You should
> just open a terminal and type "barrage".  ...  I don't see why you
> added the "exit" command when you ran the program either, not that it
> likely matters.  Could just be a bug, possibly with that BMP message.

This is just the default behavior if a file is opened with
Terminal.app: a new terminal is opened, and "<full path to file>;
exit" is typed.

Anything with an execute bit and no other type info is associated with
Terminal.app.

--
Kevin Reid                                  <http://switchb.org/kpreid/>