Question about multiple *-*-binutils ports

Dan Ports dports at ambulatoryclam.net
Mon Mar 1 16:11:01 PST 2010

On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 10:49:40AM +1100, Joshua Root wrote:
> >From what I gather, when gcc is built as a cross compiler it still
> installs a host libiberty. Some of the cross ports delete it; I guess
> they all should?

I don't think libiberty is actually needed (gcc should be statically
linked against it) so it should be safe to include.

More generally, it's probably a good idea for gcc ports to be setting
--libdir and a couple other options since there are other libraries,
etc that could conflict. See #20889. There were also a few emails about
that on -dev a couple months ago.

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/