wine-devel install error

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Mar 5 22:11:21 PST 2010

On Mar 5, 2010, at 16:26, Eric Klisz wrote:

> Subject: wine-devel install error
> From: macports-users-owner at lists.macosforge.org
> To: eric_klisz at hotmail.com
> Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 14:24:37 -0800
>
> You are not allowed to post to this mailing list, and your message has
> been automatically rejected.  If you think that your messages are
> being rejected in error, contact the mailing list owner at
> macports-users-owner at lists.macosforge.org.

As this notice says, you have to subscribe to macports-users before you can post there. I'll Cc this reply there now; to reply there, please subscribe first.

> Hi I don't know if this is the right mailing add, for support but, I seem to be having a little problem with installing wine-devel on my mac. I could get as far as Building wine-devel and then nothing but, error.
>
> Host;
> OS - Mac OS X version 10.4.11
> IMAC Pross- 1.8 GHz intel core duo
> Mem - 512 MB 667 MHz ram
>
> This is what I get
>
> janina-kliszs-computer:~ janinaklisz$ sudo port install wine-devel
> --->  Computing dependencies for wine-devel
> --->  Fetching wine-devel
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for wine-devel
> --->  Extracting wine-devel
> --->  Configuring wine-devel
> --->  Building wine-devel
> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_x11_wine-devel/work/wine-1.1.39" && /usr/bin/make -j1 depend all " returned error 2
> Command output: ../include/winbase.h:2355: warning: '__force_align_arg_pointer__' attribute directive ignored
> ../include/winbase.h:2370: warning: '__force_align_arg_pointer__' attribute directive ignored
[snip]
> Before reporting a bug, first run the command again with the -d flag to get complete output.

I just tried 1.1.39 and it built ok on Tiger. I also just updated wine-devel to 1.1.40; please selfupdate and try that version. I recommend installing with the debug switch from the beginning, so that if it fails again, you can send me (or attach to a ticket you file in the issue tracker) the complete debug output.

sudo port selfupdate
sudo port -d install wine-devel 2>&1 | tee ~/Desktop/wine-devel.txt