Link problem with libusb

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Mar 7 15:06:44 PST 2010

On Mar 7, 2010, at 15:29, Muz wrote:

> I'm trying to use libusb. I'm using QtCreator IDE. I get the message:
> ld: warning: in /opt/local/lib/libusb-1.0.dylib, file is not of required
> architecture

Ok

> Running build steps for project TestLibUSB...
> Configuration unchanged, skipping QMake step.
> Starting: /usr/bin/make -w
> make: Entering directory `/Users/muz/ProgrammingProjects/TestLibUSB'
> /usr/bin/qmake -spec /usr/local/Qt4.6/mkspecs/macx-g++ -macx -o Makefile
> TestLibUSB.pro
> make: Leaving directory `/Users/muz/ProgrammingProjects/TestLibUSB'
> make: Entering directory `/Users/muz/ProgrammingProjects/TestLibUSB'
> g++ -headerpad_max_install_names -arch i386 -o
> TestLibUSB.app/Contents/MacOS/TestLibUSB main.o mainwindow.o
> moc_mainwindow.o -F/Library/Frameworks -L/Library/Frameworks
> /opt/local/lib/libusb-1.0.dylib -framework QtGui -framework QtCore

So you are currently trying to build TestLibUSB for architecture i386

> ld: warning: in /opt/local/lib/libusb-1.0.dylib, file is not of required
> architecture

And libusb-1.0.dylib is not of that architecture. Presumably you are on Snow Leopard, where software builds for x86_64 by default. So either build TestLibUSB for x86_64 instead of i386, or rebuild the libusb port with the +universal variant so that it contains both x86_64 and i386 architectures. To do the latter:

sudo port -u upgrade --enforce-variants libusb +universal