GKRellm -- No Transparency

Rob Krul robertkrul27 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 17:59:22 PST 2010

I was able to download and compile the GKRellm port on m imac 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, with little to no hassle. What I can't seem to get  is the transparent themes to work.

I get no debugging errors, and teh program launches with full functionality, other than transparency, but I get the following when I launch GKRellm from the CLI:

$ ./gkrellm -d 1
Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display "/tmp/launch-4OPlte/:0".

I have installed all of the RANDR related ports to the X-Server, yet I am still getting this Xlib error.

Any ideas?