GKRellm -- No Transparency

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Mar 9 20:16:58 PST 2010

On Mar 9, 2010, at 19:59, Rob Krul wrote:

> I was able to download and compile the GKRellm port on m imac 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, with little to no hassle. What I can't seem to get  is the transparent themes to work.
>
> I get no debugging errors, and teh program launches with full functionality, other than transparency, but I get the following when I launch GKRellm from the CLI:
>
> $ ./gkrellm -d 1
> Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display "/tmp/launch-4OPlte/:0".
>
> I have installed all of the RANDR related ports to the X-Server, yet I am still getting this Xlib error.

All X11 programs run on Mac OS X will display the warning that the RANDR extension is missing. This is not a problem.

I'm afraid I don't know why gkrellm has no transparency. You may need to ask the developers of that software why that is.

We're a couple minor versions behind on that portfile. I've filed a ticket requesting the port be updated.