Need help diagnosing a digikam / imagemagick bug

Jürgen Starek juergen at starek.net
Mon Mar 15 16:58:05 PDT 2010

Am 13.03.2010 um 22:38 schrieb Ryan Schmidt:

> On Mar 13, 2010, at 15:03, Rainer Müller wrote:
>
>> Alternatively we could add a wrapper script exporting the necessary
>> variables at the launch of the application, so the user does not need to
>> configure anything for this.
>
> That might be a good idea. The wine port does this, for example.

Many thanks for your replies, I've used ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist and it works. But because the "missing" program, convert, is a MacPort and hence located in /opt/local/bin/, I wonder if it wouldn't be better to set the path globally in /etc/launchd.conf during the installation of MacPorts. I suspect that similar problems should exist for all programs using imagemagick, and adding /opt/local/bin/ to the PATH systemwide should prevent all these problems in one go, shouldn't it?

Regards,

  Jürgen