Perl 5.8 dependency?

S.M. Protsman protsman at mac.com
Wed Mar 17 13:53:26 PDT 2010

It looks like all is well now. I applied the 'perl5 +perl5_10' variant
then inadvertently uninstalled a number of ports while trying to fix
the issue. I reinstalled most (the ones I thought I needed) and
removed darcs. Lastly, I ran the following . . .

sudo port sync; sudo port selfupdate ; sudo port upgrade outdated

. . . and the perl5.8 situation has been resolved.

--->  Updating the ports tree
--->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
MacPorts base version 1.8.2 installed,
MacPorts base version 1.8.2 downloaded.
--->  MacPorts base is already the latest version

The ports tree has been updated. To upgrade your installed ports, you
should run
   port upgrade outdated
Error: No ports matched the given expression

I still don't know what the cause was, but at this point I am not
concerned since the problem has vanished.

--Shawn