Unable to install freetype

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Mar 18 18:14:05 PDT 2010

I'm sending this reply back to the mailing list so others will know what happened.

freetype @2.1.10_1 is ancient -- was replaced with version 2.2.1_0 on 2006-05-27 -- so you appear to have installed MacPorts back in 2006 and installed some ports. (Back then, it was called DarwinPorts; the project renamed to MacPorts in August 2006. [1]) If not on this machine, then on a previous machine, and migrated it to this one with Apple's Migration Assistant during new OS setup. Your best bet is to uninstall MacPorts completely using the instructions in the Guide [2], then install anew, to ensure no parts of this ancient MacPorts installation remain.

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.opendarwin.darwinports/18725

[2] http://guide.macports.org/chunked/installing.macports.uninstalling.html