Weird behaviour of "port extract" as non-root

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Fri Mar 19 14:04:31 PDT 2010

Hi,

when I extract a port via "port extract" as non-root in the corresponding port directory the symlink to work is not created, like it is done in case of a "sudo port extract".

Why is that? (The work directory is actually then to be found somewhere in "~/.macports/..."! This is certainly due to the fact that the non-privileged user has no permission to access the MacPorts infrastructure in /opt/local/var/macports/...)

Is this a feature or rather a bug? If the latter is the case, shall I file this as a ticket for port itself?

Greets,
Marko