qt4-mac 4.6.2_1 fails to build on G4 PPC

Kastus Shchuka macports at tprfct.net
Sat Mar 20 12:03:25 PDT 2010

On Mar 20, 2010, at 11:12 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> This looks a lot like (though slightly different from):
>
> http://trac.macports.org/ticket/23282
>
> It was our understanding that this problem was caused by having
> libevent installed and active while trying to build qt4-mac.
> Therefore, qt4-mac was marked as conflicting with libevent, which
> should cause MacPorts to print an error message preventing you from
> installing qt4-mac until you have first deactivated or uninstalled
> libevent.

I forgot to mention that despite libevent mentioned in conflicts lint
in the qt4-mac port file, port command did not produce any error
message about conflicting port installed:

kastus-laptop:~ pike$ sudo port upgrade qt4-mac
Password:
Warning: Skipping upgrade since libtool 2.2.6b_1 >= libtool 2.2.6b_1,
even though installed variants "" do not match "+darwin". Use 'upgrade
--enforce-variants' to switch to the requested variants.
--->  Computing dependencies for libmng
--->  Fetching libmng
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for libmng
--->  Extracting libmng
--->  Configuring libmng
--->  Building libmng
--->  Staging libmng into destroot
--->  Deactivating libmng @1.0.10_1
--->  Computing dependencies for libmng
--->  Installing libmng @1.0.10_2
--->  Activating libmng @1.0.10_2
--->  Cleaning libmng
--->  Computing dependencies for qt4-mac
--->  Fetching qt4-mac
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for qt4-mac
--->  Extracting qt4-mac
--->  Applying patches to qt4-mac
--->  Configuring qt4-mac
--->  Building qt4-mac
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/
local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
.macports.org_release_ports_aqua_qt4-mac/work/qt-everywhere-opensource-
src-4.6.2" && /usr/bin/make -j1 first " returned error 2

Is it because I am upgrading and not installing qt4-mac?

Thanks, -Kastus