Problem installing PyMVPA

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Mar 23 08:35:29 PDT 2010

On Mar 22, 2010, at 12:33, Leila Reddy wrote:

> I'm trying to install PyMVPA on a machine running Tiger, with MacPorts 1.8.2

Note that you will not succeed, because py26-pymvpa depends on shogun, and shogun does not compile on Tiger at present, though I'm hopeful this could possibly be fixed:

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/20113

> I typed this for the install:
> sudo port -v install py26-pymvpa +scipy +pynifti +hcluster +libsvm +pywavelet +matplotlib

Note that py26-pymvpa does not have any variants by any of those names. "port variants py26-pymvpa" tells you what variants it does have.

> but I get the error below. Could someone help me figure out what's going wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Leila
>
> --->  Computing dependencies for py26-pymvpa...................................
> --->  Building gzip
> Making all in lib
> /usr/bin/make  all-recursive
> make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
> Making all in doc
>   MAKEINFO gzip.info
> gzip.texi:85: Unknown command `abbr'.
> gzip.texi:85: Misplaced {.
> gzip.texi:85: Misplaced }.
> gzip.texi:86: Unknown command `abbr'.
> gzip.texi:86: Misplaced {.
> gzip.texi:86: Misplaced }.
> gzip.texi:86: Unknown command `abbr'.
> gzip.texi:86: Misplaced {.
> gzip.texi:86: Misplaced }.
> gzip.texi:86: Unknown command `abbr'.
> gzip.texi:86: Misplaced {.
> gzip.texi:86: Misplaced }.

This bug is reported here:

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/23212

To work around it, first install the texinfo port, then try installing the gzip port again.