Is there a way to get the previous version of any package?

Kok-Yong Tan ktan at realityartisans.com
Tue Mar 23 23:47:03 PDT 2010

On Mar 24, 2010, at 02:18, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Mar 24, 2010, at 01:05, Kok-Yong Tan wrote:
>
>> Forgot to ask:  Which rev of 1.2.3 did you use to restore
>> wireshark to functionality?  Since I wiped MacPorts by deleting
>> the /opt/local tree, I've now to got to manually pull out the
>> correct rev.
>
> I used the revision of the zlib port immediately preceding the
> update to 1.2.4: r62696.

Okay.  That's the version I got.

My PPC is now busy doing something else so I followed the HowTo
instructions on an Intel MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard 10.6.2 and
Xcode 3.2.1 but which has the same issues with its recently MacPorts-
installed Wireshark.  I downloaded and moved the Portfile for r62696
into a directory named ~/DevelopmentSandbox/zlib/, then did a

cd ~/DevelopmentSandbox/zlib/

and then

sudo port -v install

and got an error.  Using the -d switch, I got the following.  Any
pointers are appreciated.

sudo port -vd install
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /Users/kytan/DevelopmentSandbox/zlib
DEBUG: OS Platform: darwin
DEBUG: OS Version: 10.2.0
DEBUG: Mac OS X Version: 10.6
DEBUG: System Arch: i386
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.unload registered provides 'unload', a pre-
existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a pre-
existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: adding the default universal variant
DEBUG: Reading variant descriptions from /opt/local/var/macports/
sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/_resources/port1.0/
variant_descriptions.conf
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port zlib.
DEBUG: Requested variant i386 is not provided by port zlib.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port zlib.
[...]
--->  Computing dependencies for zlib
DEBUG: Executing org.macports.main (zlib)
--->  Fetching zlib
DEBUG: Executing org.macports.fetch (zlib)
--->  patch-Makefile-static.diff doesn't seem to exist in /opt/local/
var/macports/distfiles/zlib
DEBUG: Pinging distfiles.macports.org...
DEBUG: Pinging aarnet.au.distfiles.macports.org...
DEBUG: Pinging lil.fr.distfiles.macports.org...
DEBUG: distfiles.macports.org ping time is 89.723
DEBUG: aarnet.au.distfiles.macports.org ping time is 268.515
DEBUG: lil.fr.distfiles.macports.org ping time is 94.675
DEBUG: Pinging www.zlib.net...
DEBUG: Pinging www.gzip.org...
DEBUG: www.zlib.net ping time is 28.505
DEBUG: www.gzip.org ping time is 99.301
--->  Attempting to fetch patch-Makefile-static.diff from http://
distfiles.macports.org/zlib
   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time
Time  Current
                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent
Left  Speed
   0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:--
--:--:--     0
DEBUG: Fetching failed:: HTTP response code said error
--->  Attempting to fetch patch-Makefile-static.diff from http://
lil.fr.distfiles.macports.org/zlib
   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time
Time  Current
                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent
Left  Speed
   0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:--
--:--:--     0
DEBUG: Fetching failed:: HTTP response code said error
--->  Attempting to fetch patch-Makefile-static.diff from http://
aarnet.au.distfiles.macports.org/pub/macports/mpdistfiles/zlib
   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time
Time  Current
                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent
Left  Speed
   0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:01
--:--:--     0
DEBUG: Fetching failed:: HTTP response code said error
--->  Attempting to fetch patch-Makefile-static.diff from http://
svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/zlib
   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time
Time  Current
                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent
Left  Speed
   0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:--
--:--:--     0
DEBUG: Fetching failed:: HTTP response code said error
--->  Attempting to fetch patch-Makefile-static.diff from http://
svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/general/
   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time
Time  Current
                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent
Left  Speed
   0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:--
--:--:--     0
DEBUG: Fetching failed:: HTTP response code said error
Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: fetch failed
DEBUG: Backtrace: fetch failed
     while executing
"portfetch::fetchfiles"
     (procedure "portfetch::fetch_main" line 16)
     invoked from within
"$procedure $targetname"
Warning: the following items did not execute (for zlib):
org.macports.activate org.macports.fetch org.macports.extract
org.macports.checksum org.macports.patch org.macports.configure
org.macports.build org.macports.destroot org.macports.install
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>

--
Reality Artisans, Inc.             #   Network Wrangling and Delousing
P.O. Box 565, Gracie Station       #   Apple Certified Consultant