Installing outside of /opt

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Wed Mar 24 11:52:29 PDT 2010

On 24-Mar-2010, at 12:24, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Mar 24, 2010, at 13:17, LuKreme wrote:
>
>> Is there a simple way to point my ports to install everything in /
>> usr/local instead of /opt/local
>
> You cannot install MacPorts in /usr/local.

To be clear, I do not want to install MAcPorts in /usr/local, it is
fine in /opt/local. But when I build a specific port i want THAT to be
built and installed into /usr/local/

having everything in /otp/local makes it very annoying to try and
build things against MacPorts that are not already in MacPorts. For
example, I notice that slrn that I built did not find the existing
uudeview install, and everything I try to get slrn's configure to see
it has failed. If I could simply build uudeview where it is expected
to be, then I could build slrn with the options I want.

--
'On whose authority?' demanded Wert. Trymon turned his grey eyes on him.
'Mine. I need no other.' --The Light Fantastic