Installing outside of /opt

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed Mar 24 12:01:59 PDT 2010

On 2010-03-24 19:52 , LuKreme wrote:
> To be clear, I do not want to install MAcPorts in /usr/local, it is
> fine in /opt/local. But when I build a specific port i want THAT to be
> built and installed into /usr/local/

No, install prefix must be the same as the MacPorts install location.

> having everything in /otp/local makes it very annoying to try and
> build things against MacPorts that are not already in MacPorts. For
> example, I notice that slrn that I built did not find the existing
> uudeview install, and everything I try to get slrn's configure to see
> it has failed. If I could simply build uudeview where it is expected
> to be, then I could build slrn with the options I want.

Probably much easier to write a Portfile instead in that case or use the
existing slrn Portfile as a start. As an alternative try to use
CPPFLAGS/LDFLAGS, --with-* to get it pick up the stuff from /opt/local.
Take a look at ./configure --help or the configure script directly.

Rainer