Is there a way to get the previous version of any package?

Perry Lee perry at macports.org
Thu Mar 25 11:42:07 PDT 2010

You can also create a local Portfile repository [1] with the older version of zlib, so port will see the older version rather than the newer one.

perry at patton-lxp ~/src/lports/archivers/zlib % port list zlib
zlib                           @1.2.3          archivers/zlib
zlib                           @1.2.4          archivers/zlib
perry at patton-lxp ~/src/lports/archivers/zlib % sudo port install zlib
--->  Computing dependencies for zlib
--->  Fetching archive for zlib
--->  Fetching zlib
--->  Attempting to fetch zlib-1.2.3.tar.bz2 from http://distfiles.macports.org/zlib
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for zlib
--->  Extracting zlib
--->  Applying patches to zlib
--->  Configuring zlib
--->  Building zlib
--->  Staging zlib into destroot
--->  Packaging tgz archive for zlib 1.2.3_4+universal
--->  Installing zlib @1.2.3_4+universal
--->  Activating zlib @1.2.3_4+universal
--->  Cleaning zlib
perry at patton-lxp ~/src/lports/archivers/zlib % port installed zlib
  zlib @1.2.3_4+universal (active)
  zlib @1.2.4_1+universal

[1] http://guide.macports.org/#development.local-repositories