gnuplot and aquaterm

Lenore Horner LenoreHorner at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 28 09:09:00 PDT 2010

Powerbook G4 running 10.5.8

Plotting generates no output.  This used to work and I don't know what
I've changed or how to fix it.  No errors are showing up in console.
Just nothing happens.

$ gnuplot

         G N U P L O T
         Version 4.2 patchlevel 5
         last modified Mar 2009
         System: Darwin 9.8.0

         Copyright (C) 1986 - 1993, 1998, 2004, 2007 - 2009
         Thomas Williams, Colin Kelley and many others

         Type `help` to access the on-line reference manual.
         The gnuplot FAQ is available from http://www.gnuplot.info/faq/

         Send bug reports and suggestions to <http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuplot

Terminal type set to 'aqua'
gnuplot> plot sin(x)
gnuplot> exit

$ aquaterm
-bash: aquaterm: command not found

But
$ port installed aquaterm
   aquaterm @1.0.1_5 (active)

So macports think's aquaterm is installed, but the command line can't
find it.  My .profile contains the following (and other things like
gnucash start fine from the command line).

# for MacPorts
export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH
export MANPATH=/opt/local/share/man:$MANPATH

  $echo $PATH
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/bin:/opt/local/bin:/
opt/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/
texbin:/usr/X11/bin

$ port installed gnuplot
   gnuplot @4.2.5_1+darwin+no_x11 (active)

Thanks,