Mac::Growl?

Steve Morris steve at judgement.com
Sat May 1 09:42:51 PDT 2010

Brad,

The install worked (didn't give an error) but the install didn't run
the test suite so I am not sure that what was installed worked. This
package comes with a bunch of tests. Also I know that Mac::Growl has a
bunch of dependencies on other CPAN packages but I had already
installed the p5- versions of those so dependencies  didn't get
tested. "port deps p5-mac-growl" doesn't list any dependancies so this
is probably a problem. I know at a minimum it depends on Mac::Glue and
some Applescript stuff. These should have been listed.

Other general development questions:

I'll save this email for future reference. You suggest that I could
have built it in the port directory without running portindex. That
sounds like it could be useful. How would that work?

cpan2port isn't in my path and "port search cpan2port" doesn't find
it. Is it part of macports? Lots of tickets reference it but the wiki
search doesn't seem to find any documentation. What am I missing?

Thanks for the help.

Steve

PS. Next time I'll remember cpan2port and try it myself before asking.