GnuRadio Installation problems..

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun May 2 10:46:15 PDT 2010

On May 2, 2010, at 05:22, Rainer Müller wrote:
> On 2010-05-02 07:00 , Rod Gallant wrote:
>> dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
>>  Referenced from: /opt/local/bin/gawk
>>  Reason: Incompatible library version: gawk requires version 8.0.0 or later, but libiconv.2.dylib provides version 7.0.0
>
> Your /opt/local/bin/gawk was left broken after an update of libiconv.

I don't think that's what happened in this case. libiconv was updated to library version 8.0.0 so very long ago.

Rather, I think your gawk has for some reason decided to try using /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib instead of the /opt/local/lib/libiconv.2.dylib it should be using. Two possible reasons for this occur to me:

1) Your /opt/local/lib/libiconv.2.dylib is the wrong architecture for gawk. Type

lipo -info /opt/local/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
lipo -info /opt/local/bin/gawk

to find out what architectures they are and let us know. You're on Snow Leopard, so I would expect everything to be x86_64 architecture. If you see things that are only i386, have you perhaps migrated to Mac OS X 10.6 recently? If so, I suspect you had MacPorts installed before upgrading, and if so, you must rebuild your ports. See the instructions here:

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration

2) Have you set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH or DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable? If so, it may be interfering with the normal dynamic library loading order and you should unset the variable again.