hdf5-18 checksum mismatch (was: Re: Error installing octave)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed May 5 11:03:25 PDT 2010

On May 5, 2010, at 09:54, Jeff Hester wrote:

> I've been a user or Darwin ports for a few years now.

Ah, but we've been called MacPorts for a few years now.

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/MacPortsHistory

> Today I hit my
> first snag that I've not been able to determine and fix myself.  I'm
> trying to install octave and it's failing due to a checksum error on
> hdf5-1.8.4-patch1.tar.bz2
>
> I did "sudo port sync" and also a "sudo port clean --all hdf5-18" and
> still get the same error.  Here is the tail in of the debug output.

You should refer to our checksum mismatch FAQ entry:

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#checksums

You should tell us what server the file you got was downloaded from. "sudo port clean --all hdf5-18" again and try again and it should tell you.

I just verified that the file on ftp.hdfgroup.org does have the correct checksums.