Troubles at the moment to install php5 with support for mysql4

Bradley Giesbrecht brad at pixilla.com
Wed May 5 12:01:51 PDT 2010

On May 5, 2010, at 11:42 AM, edwin sandoval wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Actually I have troubles at the moment to install php5 with support
> for mysql4:
>
> sudo port install php5 +apache2 +mysql4 +php5-mysql +pear
>
> --->  Computing dependencies for php5
> --->  Fetching php5
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for php5
> --->  Extracting php5
> --->  Applying patches to php5
> --->  Configuring php5
>
> The +mysql4 variant is obsolete. Please install the php5-mysql port
> instead. <--- Here is the trouble
>
> --->  Building php5
> --->  Staging php5 into destroot
> Note: php5 installs files outside the common directory structure.
> --->  Installing php5 @5.3.1_1+apache2+darwin_10+macosx+mysql4+pear
> --->  Deactivating php5 @5.3.1_1+apache2+darwin_10+macosx+mysql5+pear
> --->  Activating php5 @5.3.1_1+apache2+darwin_10+macosx+mysql4+pear
>
> I need to have in php5 support for databases with mysql4 because I
> have some DBs in this version.
>
> Can any one help me?

Ryan the maintainer of php5 will probably chime in but I will offer
this in the mean time.

You don't mention what version of mysql4 you need but the php5-mysql
port defaults to variant +mysqlnd which uses the php 5.3 native
drivers to connect to mysql 4.1 or newer.

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/php-mysqlnd/

Try not to use pear because Ryan is hard at work creating all the pear
classes as ports.

port search php5-*

If you don't see the pear classes listed amoung the php5-* ports
please request the ones you need.

So I something along the lines of this should get you what you want:
sudo port install mysql4 +server
sudo port install php5
sudo port install php5-mysql

// Brad