Clone MacPorts and Switch between clones

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Sat May 8 13:21:29 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'd like to experiment with kdelibs4, but don't want to give up my current MacPorts installation which is running kdelibs3, which is colliding with the newer lib of course.

I hope there is a way to have more than one MacPorts system installed on one machine which could be ideally cloned from an existing one. Also I imagine there must be an easy way to switch between these independently run versions of MacPorts.

Any ideas or even existing solutions?

Greets,
Marko