Clone MacPorts and Switch between clones

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Sat May 8 14:34:17 PDT 2010

Thanks for the hint. That seems to be a good point for the FAQ.
I hope you didn't take your answer from there and I just made a fool of myself for not checking this beforehand. :)

> Alternately, if you can stand to disable your kde3 stuff while playing with kde4, you can do it all in one prefix. Just "sudo port deactivate" the kde3 parts and then "sudo port activate" all the kde4 parts. And vice versa when you want to switch back
Well, I knew that, but it looks like that a script which would disable/reenable the conflicting stuff iteratively might be better than to go for the doubled MP setups...