p5-locale-gettext: gettext function not found (was: Re: Gettext error prevents update)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun May 9 16:14:24 PDT 2010

On May 9, 2010, at 18:12, notbot wrote:

> Thank you.
>
> I was able to fix this problem by uninstalling all ports and re-installing. Drastic, but it worked :-)

Ok, I'm glad you got it working, unfortunately it doesn't help us understand why the problem occurred in the first place or how to prevent it in the future. :-/

> Osx 10.6.3
> Xcode ; 3.2.2
>
> I do have fink installed and so yes there are libs at /sw and others at /usr

Note that software installed by Fink can interfere with software installed by MacPorts and vice versa. Please pick on package manager to use, and uninstall the other and any software installed with it.

> However, the problem occurred after doing a port update with Port Authority.
>
> Sorry, I feel I'm not being much help.
>
> I am finding problems with each of the ports that I need : ffmpeg, inventor, etc....  but I'll post these separately once I've checked them out :-)

Please do!