p5-locale-gettext: gettext function not found (was: Re: Gettext error prevents update)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon May 10 01:21:30 PDT 2010

On May 10, 2010, at 03:16, notbot wrote:

> On 10 May 2010, at 00:16, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On May 9, 2010, at 18:12, notbot wrote:
>>
>>> I do have fink installed and so yes there are libs at /sw and others at /usr
>>
>> /usr is a normal location for software installed by Mac OS X. I was asking about /usr/local, which is not.
>>

> Yes, /usr/local as well :-)

Ok, you should remove files in /usr/local. They may also interfere with software installed with MacPorts.

> I am involved in the development of Present3D which is now part of the OpenSceneGraph 2.9x, not as a coder, but as prime user over the last 7 years. This requires a large number of libs, not all of which exist or compile on fink or macports or even directly from source... and so I have this mix. If it is possible to get everything working on MacPorts, then I would happily drop Fink :-)

If you have problems compiling ports that exist in MacPorts, file tickets or discuss on the mailing list, like you're doing now. If you need software not in MacPorts, you can file port request tickets.