Can't update MacPorts

Joel Bain joel.bain at gmail.com
Thu May 13 21:40:36 PDT 2010

Hi.

I hope this is a small problem. I mistakenly installed MacPorts before
installing Xcode Tools. I tried to update MacPorts and this is what I got:-

sudo port -d selfupdate
Password:
dlopen(/opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/pextlib1.0/Pextlib.dylib, 10): no
suitable image found.  Did find:
    /opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/pextlib1.0/Pextlib.dylib: no matching
architecture in universal wrapper
    while executing
"load /opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/pextlib1.0/Pextlib.dylib"
    ("package ifneeded Pextlib 1.0" script)
    invoked from within
"package require Pextlib 1.0"
    (file "/opt/local/bin/port" line 40)

I have now installed Xcode Tools but when I try to update the result is the
same. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joel.

--
"What we want, fellow humans, has a massive control on what we can believe.
If you want something badly enough and believing the truth will take it away