specifying and using py-ssh?

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sun May 16 11:05:49 PDT 2010

On 2010-5-17 04:00 , John Maclean wrote:
> i'd like to use this python library and it's installed as a macport. How
> do i get this into my path/python path?
>

> port installed | grep ssh
>   libssh2 @1.2.4_0 (active)
>   py-ssh @0.3_0 (active)
>

> python -c 'import pyssh'
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
> ImportError: No module named pyssh

Well for starters, if it uses any C code, you'll only be able to use it
with python 2.4, which is what all py-* ports (as opposed to py25-*,
py26-*, etc.) are built against. So run python2.4 from macports, or
another python2.4 and set PYTHONPATH as per the python docs.

Presumably it should be possible to make a version of this port for
newer python versions too.

- Josh