ncftp checksum match

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue May 18 03:39:59 PDT 2010

On May 18, 2010, at 05:29, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On May 18, 2010, at 05:04, Francis Devereux wrote:
>
>> I got a checksum match when trying to upgrade ncftp.
>
> I do too.
>
>> Anyone know why this is happening?  Could a different tarball have been released for the same version of ncftp?
>
> Exactly that seems to have happened, what we call a "stealth update." The port was updated to version 3.2.4 in r66566 on 2010-04-16, but the distfiles on the FTP server date from 2010-05-16. So the port needs to be updated. Please file a ticket in the issue tracker.

The old distfile, with the checksums listed in the port, can be downloaded here for comparison:

http://ftp.ist.utl.pt/pub/ftp/ftp/clients/Unix/ncftp/

Compared to that version, the ChangeLog in the new version has this added entry:

3.2.4.1, 2010-05-16

   + Fixed a bug in Ncftpget/put/ls which could ignore the username (-u)
     and password (-p) command line parameters.

So really this appears to be version 3.2.4.1 now. Why they didn't name the file that I don't know.