libSVM

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Wed May 19 04:39:47 PDT 2010

On 2010-5-19 18:36 , Bobby wrote:
> Thanks, my PATH looks like this:
>
> staff-roro-0:dports bobby$ echo $PATH
> /opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/X11/bin

Looks like /opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin is being added in more than
one place, which is a bit of an annoyance but doesn't actually hurt
anything.

> The issue is that I'm trying to use libSVM inside a program called WEKA.
> (also installed via macports). Both weka and libSVM appear to be
> installed correctly, but the libSVM options inside WEKA are not working
> (they're grayed out).
>
> I've found several sets of instructions and followed them carefully (but
> no luck).
>
> One here:
> http://libsvm.darwinports.com/
>
> and one here:
> http://weka.darwinports.com/

As I said before, that site contains a lot of incorrect information. I
wouldn't recommend referring to it for anything.

> And another instruction set completely independent of macports, which
> also did not work.
> http://the-open-sauce.blogspot.com/2009/09/getting-libsvm-to-work-with-weka-mac-os.html

That doesn't look unreasonable, but doesn't appear to involve MacPorts.

> Do you know how I can get better assistance with this? I also haven't
> gotten a reply from the WEKA developer.

Did you try their mailing list?

- Josh