persisting problems with pdf display in `gv': error /undefined in copy_trailer_attrs

joerg van den hoff j.van_den_hoff at fzd.de
Thu May 20 06:01:11 PDT 2010

On Thu, 20 May 2010 14:51:18 +0200, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>
wrote:

> On May 19, 2010, at 13:45, joerg van den hoff wrote:
>
>> I reported something similar a few weeks back (no response, though):
>> after
>> a further `port selfupdate; port update outdated' the problem persists:
>>
>> gv any_pdf_file
>>
>> throws the ghostscript error:
>>
>> /undefined in copy_trailer_attrs
>>
>> and that's it. doing
>>
>> gs any_pdf_file
>>
>> works as does
>>
>> gv any_ps_file
>>
>> this is on 10.6 x86 powerbook with current macports and gv-3.6.9,
>> gs-8.71
>>
>> any ideas?
>
> Sorry you didn't get a response before, but it's probably just because
> nobody knew how to help you. You may need to ask the developers of gv
> for assistance.

yes, and I will try this (ask `gv' developers) in the next step, although
I believe (not sure) it has something to do with macports: exactly at the
same
time when the trouble with `gv' started, `xpdf' started to complain (but
keeps working)
about _lots_ of missing/unaccessible fonts. and that for such esoteric
(...) fonts as helvetica, e.g.:

: Couldn't create a font for 'Helvetica'

might I have something broken regarding the X11 font
set up?

anyway thanks a lot for bothering (and thanks to all maintainers for
keeping macports alive)

joerg