Xft2 build error

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat May 22 05:00:05 PDT 2010

On May 22, 2010, at 05:23, notbot wrote:

> Trying to build Xine-libbut if failed with a list of dependancies unbuilt, I have worked through the list and found that it seems to be Xft2 that is the problem.... but now I'm stuck. Shell output below.

[snip]

> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_x11_Xft2/work/libXft-2.1.14" && /usr/bin/make -j4 all " returned error 2
> Command output:       _XftDefaultSubstitute in xftdpy.o
>       _XftDefaultSubstitute in xftdpy.o

[snip]

You didn't show the complete output, but

> Executing: /opt/local/bin/port install Xft2 +universal

since I see you're building universal, I suspect at least one of Xft2's dependencies is already installed and is not universal. Run this command to rebuild them universal:

sudo port upgrade --enforce-variants \
zlib +universal \
xrender +universal \
freetype +universal \